I-Pad Compatibility

Jan 16, 2016

Hi Guys,

Still pretty new to this so I was looking for some advice.

I have been trying to add a new Storyline2 course to my LMS but for some reason the course will not run on IOS devices. The course runs fine on PC/Laptop, Android and Samsung devices. I did make smaller test courses consisting of 3-20 slides and the seemed to work on IOS, so I don't know if the issue lies with the sheer size of the courses I am trying to upload which consist of about 5 scenes each with around 20-30 slides.

I have played around with the publish options such as include HTML5 player and play through Articulate App, and tried different combinations of the options being checked and unchecked but still no success.

Sometimes once I had uploaded the course and tried to launch, it would advice me to play through Articulate Player App but then the course would not load in the app.

My colleague believes there may be an issue from one of the triggers or actions within the course (motion paths, video media) that may not be compatible with IOS but I find this hard to believe.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am beginning to lose my mind!!

Thanks!...

1 Reply
Christie Pollick

Hi, Niall -- Thanks for reaching out with your question! Please see this information on Publishing a Course for Mobile Devices, and also our System Requirements sheet for SL2 to ensure all is well on that front. You may also want to test your course using the SCORM Cloud on your iPad to see if you encounter the same behavior as what you are experiencing within your LMS. 

Please feel free to share your file and we will gladly do some testing on our end, as well! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.