Importing from Powerpoint

Sep 12, 2013

Hello,

When I import my powerpoint file into Storyline I lose the audio I recorded on 75 of 78 slides.  The audio that does transfer over is attached to the worng slides.  How do I import my enitre presentation including the audio? 

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nicole and welcome to Heroes! 

Please keep in mind that importing from PowerPoint is not a one-to-one conversion. If you're importing a PowerPoint file that includes Articulate Presenter resources (such as audio), be sure that the PPTA file is located in the same folder as the PowerPoint file.  Otherwise, Storyline will be able to import only the PowerPoint slides but not the corresponding Articulate Presenter resources. (Articulate Presenter does not need to be installed to import PowerPoint / Presenter content.)

Here's some additional information that may help:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Here's another article that might get this working for you:

Error: Failed to Import PowerPoint Presentation

While you're not receiving that error, the suggestions may help with puling over the audio. 

If you'd like, you can also connect with our Support team by submitting a Support case and they can offer some other suggestions if the above doesn't help. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.