Infinite course loading - Storyline360 course

Jan 27, 2021

Hi everyone,

we have a problem regarding a new course we created in Storyline360: The course loads infinitely in the storyline preview, in Review360 and also when viewing the course in our LMS.

In Storyline the problem only occurs when we want to view the entire course (= a scene). Previewing individual slides works without any problems.

As soon as we open the course via "view project" after successful publishing, we can view it without any problems. The loading problem does not occur here. I assume it is because the course is starting from the local drive at this moment. Without the Scorm package.

The loading problem occurs again as soon as we load the .zip file into our lms and starting it via the front end.

We work from a local drive so no network drive involved here. We were able to reproduce the problem with this course with several authors on different computers. 

Can anyone support us?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards

Marianna 

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello, Marianna!

I'm sorry to hear about the loading issue and would love to help you find a fix.

It sounds like there might be a corrupt object lurking in the course. You can usually find the culprit by deleting objects one by one until the slide loads, but we'll need to switch tracks if previewing individual slides works smoothly.

Could you try the import steps below and let me know if they help? 

If the lag remains, are you comfortable with sharing the file for testing? That way, we can take a thorough look and let you know what we uncover! Simply use this private case link.