Is it possible to convert a .glb into a 360 compatible panorama in Storyline

Apr 09, 2024

The title pretty much says it. I have a .glb file I would like to add to a course, and then have selectable hot spots. It appears storyline does not accept a .glb. Is it possible to convert a .glb into a file type storyline will accept?

Thank you.

5 Replies
Eric Santos

Hello Michael,

Happy to help! Storyline 360 supports equirectangular panoramas in all standard image formats for creating 360° image interactions. A *.jpg image file extension is the best format for 360° images. 

As you have confirmed, *.glb files can be converted to *.jpg files using third-party tools available online. I'd recommend following the settings in this article to ensure that the resulting *.jpg file will display correctly as a 360° image in Storyline. 

We'd be happy to run some tests if you can share the *.glb file you're using on this thread or privately in a support case. I'm curious if there are settings we can tweak during the conversion process that will not create a screenshot of the model side.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for sending your file our way. Converting this file will not behave as you are looking for and will cause it to lose its 3D characteristics. We currently have an open feature request for the support of 3D Objects in Storyline. I'll go ahead and add your voice to this report. 

We'll update this thread if we have any news to share in the future! 

Have a great start to your day!