Is taking a "shell" approach possible in Storyline?
Hi fellow developers!
We have a need to build a course in one file--which I anticipate is going to be quite large at the end of the day. (I know the ideal is to break it up into smaller files, but that's not an option for reasons I won't bore you with)
In presenter, you could take a "shell" approach, described below. Has anyone successfully done this in Storyline 2?
- To manage the publishing of large courses:
Create a course shell .story file which has placeholders for all screens in all lessons but there will be no content
- In this shell you can do all the linking
- Do a save as to this shell file and save it into individual .story files for each sections that you are working
- Publish the shell separately and publish each section separately
- Open the published folder for each section, let’s say section 3 and under data folder copy the swf files for the section 3 slides and paste them in the published folder of the shell file
Here is a video of what I am talking about: