Issue with Resume functionality in Storyline 360 courses to custom LMS

Jan 12, 2024

Hello team, I'm seeking assistance. I've recently created a storyline course and successfully uploaded it to my LMS. The course plays without issues. However, every time I exit and restart the course, it takes me back to the beginning instead of displaying the "Resume" functionality, which would enable me to pick up from where I left off.

Interestingly, when I tested it on SCORM Cloud, it worked perfectly, allowing me to resume from where I stopped.

I appreciate any recommendations or insights into this issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Eric,

Thanks for reaching out!

Good call on testing in SCORM Cloud. This is a helpful way to isolate if the behavior you're experiencing is LMS-specific. Since your course works properly in SCORM Cloud, kindly check with your LMS administrator to see why the resume function isn't working properly in their environment. You may need to enable the LMS debug mode of your course to gather more information on the behavior. 

If you're looking to make customizations for your LMS specifically to fix issues like this one, you may want to consider hiring a consultant to assist you. We recommend Rustici Software. You can contact them here: https://scorm.com