Issue with Review Results / Storyline 360

Mar 20, 2019

I created a quiz in Storyline 360 and I'm having issue with the Review Results part. After I click Review Results, it only has "Submit" as a way of going through questions and seeing results. I would assume it should say something like "Next" and "Previous" instead? Should I add some custom slides for when our learners want to Review Results? I'm a bit lost.

Not only that, but sometimes the Submit button stops working when I'm trying to go through the results. It doesn't happen when I'm just anwering to questions during the actual quiz. But when I'm reviewing answers, sometimes Submit stops doing anything and I click on it and nothing happens at all. 

I saw a similar discussion from 4 years ago and an update resolved it but now I'm on Articulate Storyline 360 so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks! 

16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Vlad! Let's check the triggers that are associated with the Review Results button.

Click on the Review Results button, then look in the trigger panel. The only trigger that should be linked to that button is "Review results [result slide] when the user clicks the button."

Do you see other triggers linked to that button?

Freya Thomas

I am having this exact same issue. When I click Review Results it takes me to the first incorrect question however I can't move beyond that. When I click SUBMIT it says I must select an answer but I can't select an answer because I am in review.

I have checked and there is only the one "Review Results" trigger associated with the Review Results button.

Any advice?

Ren Gomez

Hi Freya,

Sorry to hear you're coming across the same issue! A few questions to dig a little deeper:

• Are you on the latest version of Storyline 360? You can check this by going to the Help tab, and clicking About Storyline.
  • Do you have the Player Next/Prev buttons disabled on your course?

Are you comfortable with sharing your .story file for testing? You can share it publicly here, or privately with me here. I'll delete it when we nail down what's going on!

Laura Douglas

I have a question in the same context - but reverse - I actually want to hide the previous button when a learner reviews the quiz so they may only review the questions in front to back order.  I want to limit their ability to go to a previous question - as it messed up the quiz number count.  What were the solutions here?  Freya and Vlad - how did you have your triggers set up to hide these elements?  Thanks

Camille Le Dornat

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as Freya: I cannot move beyond the first incorrect question when reviewing results. 

I am on the latest version of Storyline 360 and the Next/Prev buttons are disabled on my course. Is there a way to solve this issue without reactivating the Next/Prev buttons?

Thanks in advance!

Kathy Biallas

I am on the latest version of Storyline 360. The above issue (during quiz review) occurs with true/false questions and with numeric entry -- but not with multiple choice questions; clicking the "Submit" button does nothing. This appears to be a bug within Storyline. As a workaround, I added a trigger to the true/false questions so that the Submit button will take the user to the next slide if the "Submit" button has a "visited" state. (I have the player buttons disabled and am using custom buttons that meet my organization's UI defaults. These buttons were added using Storyline's "Insert button" tool.) I am using Storyline's built-in functionality to add a quiz slide, via the "Slides" menu and "Graded Question".

Lauren Connelly

Hi Kathy!

Sorry that you're running this snag related to the Submit button! I want to take a look at your .story file to determine what is getting in the way here. Are you comfortable attaching the file in this public discussion or uploading it privately in a support case

Also, I appreciate you taking the time to share this workaround with us! I know this will be helpful for others who come across a similar issue.

Becca Levan

Hi Kathy! 

Thanks for submitting a feature request to add an option to design or remove the correct/incorrect banners. In the meantime, take a look at Maria's suggestion to see if it will work in your design!

I'm not seeing that you submitted a support case yet for the Submit button issue, but no worries! Just click here to get that started, and we'll reach out soon after with an update 😊

Kathy Biallas

Thanks, Becca. I utilized Maria's suggestion, which worked partially. When progressing to the next quiz slide to review, the system displayed a "flash" of the correct/incorrect banner, despite my moving the shape to the top of my timeline so it was in front of every other object on the slide. I first utilized the shape on the individual slide, but I eventually transitioned it to the Feedback Master for the "Review" slide template, where I used "Bring to Front" to ensure it would remain on top of the correct/incorrect banner. I still saw the "flash" of the correct/incorrect banner during the transition to the next slide.