Issue with Seekbar in Articulate 360

Mar 03, 2017

Dear Everyone,

I upgarded a project from SL2 to Articulate 360, I came across following issues while trying to advance in slide by certain portion:

1. It is not taking me to the exact place where I actually want the slide to play from.

2. Sometimes Audio is missing. It is working normal only of reloading the slide.

3. Sometimes Objects are disappearing, when I tried to advance.

If anyone else is also facing these problems, please let me now if you could hack the issue.

Thanx,

Bratati. 

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Bratati! 

It looks like I just responded to a similar post over here. :) Are you seeing this behavior in the file you attached in that thread, or in a different file?

If it's the file you attached in your other thread, I was able to use the player seekbar to accurately jump ahead and jump back in the timeline. I didn't notice that the audio would go missing, and I didn't see any objects disappearing. Here's a Peek of what I saw on my end. Keep in mind, I don't have your fonts installed on my machine, so you may notice that the fonts look different.  Perhaps you could take a screen recording using Peek of what you're seeing on your end?

Bratati Roy

Dear Alyssa,

Thank you for suggestions and time. It seems like there was little bit of misunderstanding. So, I am again uploading my Stroy File containing 3 slides, in which I was facing the previously stated issues, in order to explain them to you.

Slide 1 & 3:

1. Issue A: Objects are disappearing, when tried to advance by clicking on seekbar.

2. Process to reach the issue: 

• On slide 1, around 2.5 secs seekbar is getting stuck.
  • After this, if I am trying to advance in the slide by clicking on seekbar, then Objects are disappearing from slide while Audio is still running at back.
  • On reloading slide 1, seekbar does not stuck at 2.5 secs. But Objects disappears when I tried to advance in the slide by clicking on seekbar.
  • Similar behavior is observed on slide 3 as well.

Slide 2:

1. Issue B & C:  Seekbar is getting stuck at 2 - 4 secs & Audio is muting, when tried to advance by clicking on seekbar.

2. Process to reach the issue: 

• On slide 2, around 2 - 4 secs seekbar is getting stuck.
  • After this, if I am trying to advance in the slide by clicking on seekbar, then Audio is muted. 
    You can replicate the issue, once you re-preview the scene/project.

I hope that this time my issues will be more clear than in previous posts. In case, You face any difficulty in understanding please let me know. I am waiting for your suggestions/solutions towards fixing the product issues.

Thanks,

Bratati.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Bratati,

Thanks for sharing that updated file with me and for providing the details of what you're seeing. I saw the exact same behavior when I Previewed your file. However, it looks like the slides are behaving normally after they are published. Here is the published HTML5 output and published Flash output for you to test. 

I've opened a support case on your behalf (01031525) because I'd like our Engineers to weigh in on why the file is giving you trouble during preview but not after publishing. They're fantastic at troubleshooting this kind of thing, and you'll be in good hands! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.