Issues after latest update (2024-02-20)

Feb 22, 2024

Dear storyline community,

since the latest version of Storyline 360 (3.85.31840.0, release date February 20, 2024) I'll face some issues. Looks like problems in regards to the project variables.

I work with a template that has buttons with states that are controled over variables and triggers. Since the update every inserted slide (with buttons that are related to triggers and variables) has issues - buttons in "old" projects are fine.

Here a list of spotted issues:

- The text inside the buttons (and the text above the buttons like "wrong/right answer") are aligend left (instead of centerd).

- These textes weren't visible in the preview and sometimes the whole button isn't visible.

- Just the first submit-button of a quiz is greyed out (like it should). At the second quiz slide the submit-button isn't greyed out.

- If I go back to a quiz slide it shows always the top layer (e.g. a top layer is the feedback for a incorrect answer but it should show the second layer for correct answer).

- Sometimes the preview freezes when clicking on the right answer.

In the attachment you see a screenshot of "before update" and "after update".

Facing these serious not explaniable issues, I guess there are more out there who will face issues since the last update? Any awareness? And what about fixings and an update for the last update? Or is there an option to downgrade to the last working update?

I hope for a new (working) update! Thanks for answers :)

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Julian!

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! I'm not seeing similar reports after we shipped the latest update. Is it possible that we can test your project file on our end to determine where the issue is? It would be best if you could share the file in a support case so that we can work with you directly!

Julian Friedebach

Hello Cauren, Daniella & Steven,

thanks Lauren for your replay and offer. Meanwhile I found out more and can precise the problem since the update:

• The text inside the buttons are aligend left (instead of centerd)

• These textes weren't visible in the preview and sometimes the whole button isn't visible

This is because of the "Line Spacing Options" - but just for regualar text boxes (slide title text boxes are fine). So because our home-made-buttons have a text box "in it", we can't see the text, because of the different line spacing options.

Scince the update they are automatically changed, when...

• I put a Team Slide into a project that is also a Team Slide
  • I open a old project, that is (as described above) a Team Slide within a Team Slide

When I put a Team Slide into a "normal" project that isn't a Team Slide there is no problem with Line Spacings.

The other problems are solved and were caused by ourselves :) ("Just the first submit-button of a quiz is greyed out" and "If I go back to a quiz slide it shows always the top layer")

For the last problem I couldn't test and detect. I'll write again if this will occoure again: "Sometimes the preview freezes when clicking on the right answer"

Jose Tansengco

Hi Julian,

Thanks for sharing additional information regarding the behavior you're experiencing. It sounds like a lot of it is formatting-related, so we'd like to look at your project file for testing. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case? We'll delete it when we're done!

If in case you aren't able to share your project file, a Peek 360 recording of the behavior will do!