Issues sending to LRS since Build 3.16.27367.0 (Storyline 3)

Apr 26, 2022

Hi.  We used XAPI extensively, sending to Learning Locker.  Everything was hunky-dory until the last upgrade.   We have now noticed that none of the slide transitions or quiz marks are loading into the LRS.

I rolled to 13.15.26825 and republished and everything works.  Reinstalled 3.16 and if fails.  We missed 3.15 and I can't find an archive to test so it seems ot have broken either on 3.15 or 3.16.

My LMS and LRS speak happily so it's not them.   Happens on all browsers on multiple machines so it's not the client.

Looking in Chrome Dev Tools we get a 400 Error (Bad Request) on a number of XAPI statements (statement?statementId=.....).  I'm not sure it the crew made any changes to the XAPI interface in any of the builds?  I saw there was someone with a similar problem on Rise a few weeks ago.

Please help?  I'd hate to think my systems were broken.

5 Replies
Adrian Eeden

For the devs, this is the type of response payload I get back

{"errorId":"7c57aee6-4649-4483-bda5-d9c8b0bf0f58","warnings":["Problem in 'statements.0.object.id'. Received '\"\"'","Problem in 'statements.0.context.contextActivities.parent.0.id'. Received '\"\"'","Problem in 'statements.0.context.contextActivities.grouping.0.id'. Received '\"\"'"]}

Katie Noake

Hi, 

Could you tell me how this issue was resolved?

In Articulate Storyline version 3.17.27621.0 I have noticed that the identifier entered when publishing the course is not used in the statements as it was in previous versions. This results in either no activity id or a partial activity id.

"object": {
   "id": "",
   "objectType": "Activity",
   "definition": {
      "type": "http://adlnet.gov/expapi/activities/course",
      "name": {
    "und": "test1"
      },
      "description": {
      "und": "Test 1"
      }
}
}

We have just updated from 3.11.23355.0 and previously activity id's in all statements were complete. 

The LRS being used does not seem to be the issue since I have observed the same behaviour using several different LRSs from different vendors.

Thanks

Istvan Ratkai

More than 2 month and several relases later this critical bug is still there.

Xapi published courses are totally unusable. 

All the statements are sent with an empty base activityId. (So statements targeting the course itself have "" (empty string) as activityId, statements which target a slide have a relativ URI as activityId, like "/wqertyui". And becasue XAPI specification declares that the activityid must be an absolute URI, of course these statements are rejected by any LRS.

Interestingly, the states are sent correctly (using the proper activityId), so the bug must be in the method which prepares the statement.

It's probably only a typo (activity_id / activityId / activity.id), but why do you need more than 2 month to fix it?