Issues with Resume Screen in 360

Aug 26, 2019

Hello,

There is an issue with resume screen when using the modern player and Edge browser. The issue seems to be with the hotspot. If you click on 'resume' it won't work, but if you hover your mouse slightly under 'resume' your mouse changes form an arrow to a hand, showing that the area is clickable. 

We've been sharing this workaround with our users, however,  the customer is not happy because users are seeing this as 'the course freezing'. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Cassandra 

9 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Cassandra. Happy to help look into this!

We don't have anything on our radar for this behavior with Storyline 360, so I'm glad you reached out. Could you help me with these key details?

• What version of Storyline 360 are you using? 
  • What version of Edge are the learners using to view the content?
  • Would you mind sharing a sample slide or two with me? It'll help me get a clear picture of what's going on in a test LMS environment, and I'll delete it after testing. You can send that Storyline file to me privately by using this upload link
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cass, 

Thanks for the added info. That gave me enough intel to test a quick version of a Storyline course. I uploaded it here to SCORM Cloud, and tested in Chrome and Edge browsers (versions 17 and 18, the latest version) and was able to successfully click on the Resume button and brought back to the point in the course I left off. Can you let me know if testing my course allows you to resume? 

You also mentioned a hotspot that sounded as if it was over the button itself. I'm not clear on what you set up there, but even if you can share a screenshot of that it may help us narrow down what you're seeing! 

cass miller

Hi Ashley,
Thanks! I took your course and I was able to successfully click the resume button using Edge, with no issues.
I attached  a brief screen recording showing what happens with my course. You'll notice when my mouse is over the resume button, I cannot click. However, once I hover my mouse slightly under the resume button it changes from an arrow to a hand showing that it's clickable. Once I click below the resume button, I am able to resume the course as usual. 
This has been a problem for me because my users think the course is 'freezing' (which it isn't), it seems to be an issue with the hot spot when using Edge.
Thanks
Cassandra 

Vincent Scoma

Hey Cass,

Thank you for sharing that information! 

I ran through Ashley's test course as well in the same version of Microsoft Edge you were using and was not able to replicate this issue either. 

With your permission, could you share your course privately with us for further troubleshooting? You can use this link to share your course privately. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.