large file size

Mar 05, 2024

How can I determine what makes my storyline 3 project so big?

I have tried several things, looked at my slide master, only the one I use is in. The movies (not embedded) within or without still the project is big. The publish quality set at poor, but almost no difference with standard quality. I have deleted unused screen records, no issue.

Where can I see what makes the file so big? Something is hidden for me, where I have no notice from. Do you have any suggestions for me to increase the size of my file project, please let me know.

9 Replies
Patricia Hazemeijer

Jet not with the .story file, but only surprised that (as I suppose likely the same) project is much bigger than usually. So the SCORM zip file is also too big, because that is what I will use for my LMS in moodle and the upload gives an error, too big for the server. Despite the maximum size.

SCORM zip packet is 146.416 Kb and the .story file is 137.815 Kb. Normally it was half the size of it. So I don't understand why. I started again, fresh, on a new project, only changed the size of the window, instead of scale 4:3 I choose for 16:9 that should not be the difference I guess. Maybe I have to start again now a new project to see where it comes from?

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

for the scorm package:

video: don't use "adaptive" publish setting - this needs 2x the size of "static" (without better quality)

• don't use image scaling (down) in storyline (to much), scale the images outside storyline
  • don't use png, where jpg is possible

you can see, where the problem with the image size is -> publish to web

./published folder/mobile/ *

* do not be confused by the name