Layer Order

Jul 05, 2023

Hi 

I have made a slide to show layers whenever the user left-clicks. It works fine, but the last layer is shown under the second-to-last layer. I understand that the last thing to be triggered should be on top, so why is this happening? I've spent hours trying to figure this out, so hope someone can help out here.

I've attached a slide here illustrating the issue.

Jason

(Note: I've moved the position of the text box on the last layer to make it clearer that it is underneath and not on top as it should be.)

4 Replies
Ron Price

I was able to replicate using the "clickoutside" trigger.  However, if I just cover the slide with the hotspot and use the "click hotspot" trigger, it works as expected.  I would recommend submitting a case, but in the meantime, you can adjust your triggers to "click" instead of "click outside" and it should work.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

a very interesting bug - if you set for layer "purposeRED" -> "Prevent ... clicking on other layer"

the z-order of the last layer is ok, but the "previous" button is not clickable anymore

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/fe738485-bd0e-4165-a5ce-f5d1a38eba0b/review

you should open a support case and send articulate this example

Jason De Donno

@Jürgen Schoenemeyer

Thanks. I want to keep all the layers available  and visible so the user can still interact with objects on those layers.

I believe the issue might have something to with the fact that all the "click outside" hotspots trigger together when the use clicks on the screen, which perhaps means that the order they fire in is going to depend on internals which are beyond user control.

I have solved the problem by using timeline overlays instead, pausing and advancing the timer accordingly. This works but I'm not sure it's a considered to be a good approach.

Jason De Donno

@Ron Price

Yes, covering the slide with the hotspot and changing the trigger to "click" works, but then the hotspot blocks content for others who may need to edit and maintain the story in the future. So, t's not a user-friendly solution from a maintenance perspective and that is why I did not use this solution.