Layers!

Oct 12, 2012

I know I might just be missing something really simple, but my Layers Panel has gone AWOL. I followed the steps in this video - http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=z1oxxnoa4h88 but the steps just don't correlate to what's on my screen. Does anyone have any other ways to get the layers panel back? Thanks! *crosses fingers*

9 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Margot! The layers pane is only visible in Normal view. Is it possible that maybe you're working in Story View? If you are indeed in Normal View, you should be able to hover over that far-right border of your Storyline window and see your cursor change into the double-sided arrow with a crossbar. Since the cursor might be quite small, sometimes it's a little hard to tell when the mouse changes to the double-side. But when it does, you can then click/hold/drag leftward until the panes appear. 

Also: when you click/hold/drag leftward, you'll need to drag probably one-third to one-half of the way across your screen before releasing your mouse button, in order for the panes to appear. Does that help?

Jeanette Brooks

Oh hey now, no "plank" feelings allowed around here! No worries, and actually you're not the first one to find that confusing...I've just submitted a feature request on your behalf, to make the interface more sensitive so that it allows the panes to come into view without having to drag so far over. And yes Bruce, I also included your excellent color suggestion.

Gerry Wasiluk

Bruce Graham said:

...just send me one over (XXXL) to copy... 

...whereas this is mildly disturbing "Gerry the Mouse"!

Where HAS he gone recently?

What, did you miss me?

We were on on an extended driving vacation out east visiting, among other things, various Civil War sites, including Gettysburg.  My wife and the friends that we were traveling with are Civil War re-enactors.

Being from Minnesota, we especially had to see the monuments at Gettysburg to the First Minnesota, especially the one for their famous charge.

Sobering to see things like that, and the bravery and sacrifice that soldiers from both sides did for what they believed in.

BTW, while at Gettysburg, we stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast and met a delightful couple from Kent in the UK.  Made me think of you and Phil.   (Well, Phil is delightful . . . )

Now, as for your "mousey effect," it's causing problems for the family . . . 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.