Layers, Slides, or lightboxes
Ok, I need to explain what I want to do in real-world terms, instead of Storyline jargon, so you all understand what I am trying to achieve in the Storyline environment.
- Imagine you are creating five (5) collages.
- Each collage has two elements on it.
- One is a picture & one is some text.
- You have two piles to pick from for your 5 collages.
- One is a pile of pictures and the other is a some text (this is literally text as in typed text not a picture of text).
- You have your first blank canvas before you and you randomly pick from the pictures pile (there are well over 120) and paste it on your canvas.
- Then you randomly pick from the torn book pages (over 200) and paste that below or to the side of your picture depending on the composition.
- You do this four more times creating five collages.
Okay, so I have created complicated number picker slides. (I have been told that computers can't really create random numbers.) I can number the pictures and text pieces.
I can create variables, triggers, and conditions to "go to" or "show" one of the pictures or one piece of text. BUT I can't then choose from the text pile or picture pile and paste it on the slide. It either lightboxes over my text or picture, or jumps completely away from my text or picture, or, as in the case with layers, I would have to have over 200 text pieces layered five times for each of the compositions, as well as, an enormous amount of triggers with conditions.
Basically, I want my students to bring up a blank canvas (aka slide) randomly pick a picture from the stack, paste it on, then, randomly pick a text piece and paste it on the same slide. (When I say paste, I mean show each element in the same space at the same time.) This needs to happen five times.
Does anyone have any suggestions?