Lightboxes, notes and email. Paperless and efficient!
We’ve been using Storyline for about a month now.
I must admit it has changed the way I look at developing eLearning content.
Something that has always bothered me is that I always need to have a piece of paper next tom me to write my notes on. As a former programmer my desk is always in disarray so I never find that piece of paper back.
So to circumvent me having to look for something that will never be found again, I thought of following solution.
I’ve create lightbox slide which I added to the player tabs. It allows me to enter comments as I go along in the course. When I’m finished I can the send an e-mail to me with the content of the notes copied in the body of the mail. Paperless and efficient!
How It works
1. declare a global variable called “notes”
2. declare a global variable called “email”
3. create a slide
4. add a control allowing you to edit the content of the notes variable (via an input field)
5. add a control allowing you to edit the content of the email variable (via an input field)
6. foresee an email button on the slide
var player = GetPlayer();
var subject="My notes";
7. add a tab player taband call it e.g. “notes” in the player properties
8. configure the tab that it lauches your new slide as a light box
10. whenever you want to add a comments click on the player “notes”-tab