Limiting Quiz Attempts

Mar 31, 2015

Hello! I just found and followed the tutorial on "Limiting Quiz Attempts" - easy peasy!

When I preview my project, though, the Retry Quiz button is not disabled once I fail three times - does this functionality just not work in Preview mode, or have I done something wrong?

Any insights are appreciated!

Shari  :-)

7 Replies
Shari Hanlon

Hi, Emily! Yes, I set an "Attempts" variable in the course, and then added a trigger on the Results slide to change the state of the Retry Quiz button to "Hidden" when the retry attempts equal 2. I have shared my file here and would be so grateful if you are able to locate my error. Thank you!

Shari :-)

Shari Hanlon

Hi, Emily!

Yes, I set a variable in the course to limit the attempts, and set the initial value to zero. I added a trigger to the Retry Quiz button to add "1" to Attempts when the user clicks it. I added a trigger to the Results slide to change the state of the Retry Quiz button to "Hidden" when attempts are equal to "2," and I edited the "Hidden" state of the Retry Quiz button to delete the button and replace it with text saying there are no more attempts.

Sadly, my network does not allow me to upload the file, however I did create and upload a Word doc showing screen shots, if that helps.

Any thoughts you have are appreciated!

Shari :-)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.