Linking to Storyline 360 screencast

Aug 23, 2017

Is there a way to link to a specific screencast within a Storyline 360 published course? I have over 100 screencasts to create using all 3 modes. The screencasts are spread across multiple courses. The courses are currently built in PPT, but I intend to import them into Storyline 360 with the screencasts that are applicable to the course. I would like to create a single index with links that can be used to access the each simulation mode without having to open the Storyline presentation. Is this possible? Are individual player files built into the published file that can be linked to? I am new to Storyline and welcome suggestions!

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Wendy,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! We're glad you're here. 😀 

Storyline doesn't have an option to link to a specific slide in a course. So,I wanted to ask a few more questions to help point you in the right direction.

• Where will you be hosting all your published courses?
  • Are you looking for each to be separate and independent, yet interlinked? 
  • Have you already created the screencasts in Storyline, and the basic course slides in Powerpoint? 

Let me know any other specifics about your set up! 

Wendy McGarvey

The published courses will be stored from within an LMS. We want employees to be able to get to a simulation without having to navigate through a presentation. We also have several reference topics that we want to have screencasts for but we will not have additional content or slides to support. The basic course slides are in PowerPoint and have not been imported into Storyline yet.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for that additional information! 

You could look at enabling Free navigation throughout your course, and then users could click on the slides from the menu that include the simulations. That would allow them to navigate freely throughout the entire course - so something to keep in mind, as it's an all or nothing setting. 

Also, if you're storing your courses within an LMS, they may have options to allow for grouping or organizing of courses in a set order. I would recommend linking from one course to the next hosted on the LMS, from inside Storyline as it may cause authentication issues with the user needing to log in consistently.

Importing into Storyline from Powerpoint is very easy! Take a look at the steps here and a few things that aren't supported in Storyline.

Also if you're ready to get started creating screencasts in Storyline 360, these tutorials will walk you through it? 

Hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.