losing playback when going from storyline 360 to storyline 3

Jan 31, 2019

I have an issue where a project was saved and published using Storyline 360, but when I open in Storyline 3, the playback disappears and the player shows that it is on in Storyline 3.

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tanis!

Can you tell me more about what you mean when you say the playback disappears? 

While you can generally open a Storyline 360 file with Storyline 3, there may be times when a new feature in Storyline 360 isn't compatible with Storyline 3. More details here!

When that happens, don't use the new feature in Storyline 360 if you need to transfer the project file to Storyline 3.

If you can tell me a little more about what's going on in your file, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

Tanis Harding

I figured out the issue. The problem is going from a file created in Storyline 1 or 2, with a player that was customized a bit with colours and such... when brought into either Storyline 3 or 360, on publish the player controls disappear. In Storyline 3 I have to flip it to the Storyline player and have to redesign it with the colours from the previous verions and remove the default options.

Leslie McKerchie

So glad that you were able to figure this out, Tanis. I appreciate the description as well.

This is an issue we do have reported to our team, so I'll add this conversation to the report as well.

The workaround we have listed:

• Go into the Articulate Player color schemes, and toggle it from default to another color scheme and then back to get the player buttons to appear

That sounds like it may be fewer steps than you found, so I wanted to share that for you or anyone else that may run into this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.