Losing template formatting when importing PowerPoint into Storyline 360

Jul 06, 2022

My company requires me to use a specific template with special fonts, colors, title pages, and logos.  When I import my PowerPoint, I am losing the formatting especially for title pages.  Is there a reason for this or am I doing something wrong when I import my slides?

7 Replies
Judy Nollet

Importing PPT slides brings in that content using the Master Layouts from the PPT.

You can try applying your Storyline (SL) layouts to the imported PPT slides. You might have to do some additional tweaking, depending on how the PPT layouts correspond (or not) with the SL layouts. But that should, at least, make it somewhat easier to get the proper look. 

Nancy Hruska

My company also has a branded template. One element in the slide master is a text box at the bottom of each slide that has the name of the learning module and the date it was last edited. When I imported a presentation into Storyline this morning, that text was not on the slides, but it is in the slide master. I'm not sure what's happening/not happening here.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! Happy to help. 

In order to better understand what you are experiencing, could you please upload your .story file to this thread or privately in a support case? That way we can take a closer look to help you troubleshoot.

In the meantime, I'd like to provide this article to help you with importing your slide content from Power Point

Have a great afternoon!

Nancy Hruska

Thank you so much! I was trying to build a better mousetrap, so to speak. We have a new branded template that we need to apply to about 500 courses. I was hoping to import courses into Storyline and then apply the new template. But it looks like we're going to have to apply the new template to the existing courses first, then import them into Storyline and make adjustments here and there. I found that some of the issues with my first attempt had to do with some things that Marketing had to fix with the new template, so we're working on that first.