Lost 30 minutes of screen recording - Stoyline 360

Oct 10, 2019

Today I had an SME record his screen. We did a sample recording and checked it out and all was well. He ended up doing about 30 minutes of screen recording for the final take. After recording, he clicked 'pause' and I clicked 'Done.' Knowing it would take a while to render, I stepped away. I came back about a minute later to see that Storyline had quit and all the work was gone.

Needless to say, this was a waste of over an hour of set up, practice, and recording. Is this recording stashed somewhere in a 'cache' on my C: Drive? What would cause this? Where do I file a bug report? Should I use Camtasia instead?

3 Replies
Juan Miguel Magdangal

Hi Edward!

Open your temp folder by typing in %temp% in the Run Dialog (Windows Key + R), open the Articulate Folder then the Storyline Folder and sort by Date/Time Modified. Check for the File with .fbr extension that matches the date/time you did the recording. 

You can open these files using FlashBack Express and export them as mp4.

To open a case, you can visit https://articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.