Media Library Dissapeared from Storyline 360

Jan 08, 2020

Has Storyline 360 eliminated the media library? I can no longer access the Media Library. Previously, I could access it by going to View/Media Library. Now I cannot locate the Media Library at all.

25 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sherri,

Media library is still a part of Articulate 360, and Storyline! You should be able to see it from the View tab or you can access it using any of the options below:

• Go to the View tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Media Library.
  • Right-click an asset on any slide in your project and choose Show in Media Library.
  • Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click the drop-down arrow below Picture, Video, or Audio, and then choose Media Library. (Using this method, the media library will automatically close after you insert an asset into the slide.)

Also, if you are looking to search and add new items, you'll find that on the Insert tab:

If you're still not seeing the option within the View tab, it would help if you can share a screenshot of the entire top toolbar so that we can see what you're seeing. Also, it's worth checking what update/version of Storyline you have open going to the "Help" Tab -> "About Articulate Storyline".

Let us know, and we'll be here for next steps!

Sherri West

Hi Ashley, I am not able to access the Media Library with any of those options above. But I was able to access it before. I need to swap out some images and was able to do it before with the media library. I have attached screen shots of my View tab and my Storyline 360 version.

Little Man Project

We have worked out the issue.  If you access the Media Library from the insert tab the other options aren't available.  This makes sense as you aren't inserting an image but if very different to how things normally work in SL as normally tools/wizards aren't different depending on where you access them.

Joe Hauglie

Using SL360 v3.40.22208.0

Media libary option under "Insert --> Pictures" has disappeared overnight. I used it several times yesterday but it's now absent. Restarted SL360 multiple times. Having to navigate to "View --> Media Library" is ok but flaky functionality is reserved for piecrust, biscuits, and relatives, not SL360....

<cue_polly_purebread>Where, oh where has the library gone...?</cue_polly_purebread>

Thanks

JoeH

Katie Riggio

Hi Joe,

Thank you for bringing this up, and I appreciate the screenshot! And poeticism. đŸ™‚

As a good next step, can I have you install a fresh copy of the app to see if that helps bring back those options?

If they are still missing, please let our Support Engineers know. We'll dig further to restore those elements!

Joe Hauglie

Hi Kate - I will keep my finger on the "repair" option. Maybe this was a sunspot effect or something; the media library access has returned after a weekend of time off... mine, that is...

Although I don't see any phone booths or George Carlin lookalikes, maybe stranger things are afoot at the Circle K than we realize...

At any rate, yes, I will let you know if I need to repair / reinstall and what the outcome(s) may be...

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rosemary.

I replied to you here as well, but for anyone else who might also have this question: the .story files are saved on your local drive and will not be deleted when you uninstall Storyline. You'll be able to open them once you re-install the application. 

Let us know if you have additional questions!

Rosemary Aylward

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline and all my files are there. Thanks

However, it didn't solve my issue. Previously, when I clicked Insert > Picture > Media Library I would get to the Media Search Screen. Now it is taking me to a page with the pictures I have in that project. On that page, if I click the Import button I can select Content Library 360 Photos and get to the search screen. Was this an intentional change? Earlier in this string, it suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Storyline, but that didn't fix it. If this was intentional, it just takes more steps making it harder to get to the library.  Any help would be appreciated.