Menu

Jan 21, 2014

Need a little help,

I have a project that advances slide automatically (there is still the next and previous buttons)

I selected the menu to be placed in the upper right of the slide player. The trouble I am having is when the menu is clicked and the slide advances the menu closes. At some points there is not enough time to look through the menu list.

Is there a way to stop the slides from advancing when the menu is clicked and restart the slide if nothing is selected?

Thank you,

ANT

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hey ANT!

Is there a way to stop the slides from advancing when the menu is clicked and restart the slide if nothing is selected?

I don't believe so, no - you'd have to be able to base a trigger or condition on the menu and I don't believe that's possible. 

How about creating a lightbox or layer with a menu? That could be set up to pause the main layer's timeline, so the slide wouldn't advance. 

I know that would be a little extra work - but if you want to make sure that learner's aren't missing out on the content in the menu, it may help.

I'd love to hear some other suggestions, too! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.