Menu in Player

Jun 09, 2023

Hi

I'm thinking about setting up the Menu in Player as a Contents List in my eLearning.  I'd like it to only tick the menu title when I've visited a certain number of slides, but at the moment it ticks it when I view one slide. 

For example, I'd like a slide title to show, then 3 slides that won't show on the menu but must be viewed, before the title would be ticked.  Does that make sense, lol.  

I can achieve this by using a slide with objects on and visited states and a LastSlideVisited variable but I have no idea if I can add a variable to control the menu in the Player.

Any ideas welcome, many thanks

Sarah

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

The built-in Menu doesn't have that functionality. It will always show a tick next to a viewed slide. 

Depending on how long/complicated the course is, you could build a custom menu.

• That could go to the side of the main slide content (e.g., widen the slide size, and then put the menu on the left of the Master, so it'd be available on all slides).
  • Another option: put the custom menu on a slide that can be lightboxed from the other slides (e.g., via a button on the Master or via a Player-level tab).