Missing slide notes

Feb 25, 2020

When I import a PowerPoint presentation, StoryLine 360 doesn't always import the slide notes. There doesn't appear to be any logical reason for this to happen so I wonder if it's something that has been reported before? 

I'm using the most recent version of SL360 and have Office 365. 

Please let me know if there's anything I can check. Thank you!

4 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Byron. Happy to help you track down the culprit!

Can I confirm that you're working on a local C: drive? Working on a shared drive can cause missing elements, so I always like to rule that out first!

Also, do you see the Notes tab but not any text? Or, is the Notes tab not even showing? If the former, perhaps the notes color is blending into the notes background color?

If everything checks out there, I'd love to troubleshoot further if you're comfortable with sharing your PowerPoint file. You can share it privately by using this upload link, and I'll delete it after having a look!

Jim Naroski

I thought I was having the same issue, but after further examination, it appears that the slide notes were imported, but the font color closely matches the background of the notes window. 

I'm not sure if the Notes window in Storyline 360 is supposed to have a black background by default as I'm a newbie. I think it might be related to running Windows in dark mode, but I switched off dark mode and my Notes window is still black. 

Jim Naroski

Thank you so much for answering my question. I confirmed your answer to be true. I must say that it seems somewhat strange to tie the Notes background to the theme selected for the player as I cannot see any connection between the two. Oh wait, I do see the connection. I have the option to show the Notes in the player. Makes sense. Awesome!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.