Multiple Collaborators in Storyline 360

May 13, 2021

Is there a good way to have multiple collaborators work on a course design in Storyline 360? Right now we are just uploading the projects to 'team slides' but you are not able to view live changes being made. Also having to upload into the 'team slides' each time is making for a confusing mess. I know you can publish to review 360 and have other users make comments, but I would like this other user who has a license to just make the changes themselves.

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Nicole, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are working on. 

Team slides are perfect for sharing project templates, slides that need to be in every course, and reusable slide content, such as interactions and quiz questions. You are correct, it's not a real-time reflection, and you must upload your slides for others to see. One idea is for different folks to own a single slide, and then once uploaded, another team member can make edits if needed.

Here is some documentation on Managing Team Slides.

I'd be interested in hearing about workflows from others in the community. 

Michele Gallagher

It would be helpful if there is a way that we could share a project without having to load to team slides. One issue with team slides is when you try to load a project with multiple scenes, and it becomes one scene when the other person downloads from the team slide. This is very frustrating and time-consuming.  Is there a plan to add a true collaboration feature?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Michele, 

Since Storyline 360 makes use of project files that are normally stored on a user's machine, adding a collaboration feature might take a while to add if at all. I’ll be happy to pass your thoughts on to our product team, but you can also feel free to detail them more through a feature request!

In the mean time, you can check out Rise 360 which already has a collaboration feature available.