Multiple Triggers for the same object

Jan 16, 2018

Hello. I am fairly new to Articulate. I am creating a scenario. I have created multiple layers on my slide. the base slide has a button. I have created multiple triggers for this button. For some reason only two of the triggers work at any given time. I can't get all three to work. TIA for any insights you have on what I might be doing wrong here. Thanks.

5 Replies
Ben McKenna

Triggers execute from topdown as they appear in the trigger window. If you have 3 triggers that execute on click of an object, it could be that one of the first two triggers is preventing the third from being called - particularly if one of them causes a change of slide.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your button's trigger setup?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mumtaz, 

I'd love to take a look at your .story file as well - that way we can test the actual triggers in use. As Ben mentioned triggers are executed in a particular order. 

Here are the rules regarding the order in which all these triggers get executed when learners view your published course:

• If there are triggers on the master slide and content slide, the master slide triggers execute first.
  • If there are multiple triggers on the same object that are triggered by the same action (such as "on click"), the triggers execute in the same order in which they appear in the Triggers panel (top to bottom) in Storyline.

To learn more about adding and managing triggers, see this tutorial.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.