My first multi device elearning course

Jan 18, 2019

Hi All,

So far in my career I have developed loads of e-learning courses for the desktop/laptop screens using Articulate Storyline, but I am now attempting to develop my first multi device (desktop and tablet) elearning course. I have just finished reading "The Definitive Guide to Multi-Device e-Learning" (which has been a huge help) but  the question I have is, when setting up my slide size, should it be tablet size or desktop size? Would love your advice.

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rosaline,

Are you using Storyline 360? If so, you'll have access to the modern player, and it'll smoothly scale your content across devices so that learners have the best experience on the device they're using - without any extra work for you. You can see some more details and examples of what that'll look like here. 

So there isn't a set "size you should use for this device," as it will be dependent on your content, learners, devices they're using, and many other factors! 

I'd love to hear what recommendations or tips folks in the community keep in mind while designing for multiple devices?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.