Navigation Not Working

Mar 14, 2017

Our organization has been utilizing a program I created for our New Hires for nearly 3 years now. Recently it came to light that the program's custom navigation started locking up on a particular slide causing the user to get stuck and unable to continue the program. This particular slide had a custom next, previous and home button, none of which work on this slide despite working on all slides around it. I tried moving the built in navigation from the slide master and inputting it individually on each slide and that has not worked. I even tried a workaround by adding a clear shape over the arrow and adding a trigger that moved to the next slide (and to the specific slide it was meant to move to) to no avail.

I have removed this module from the program and created its own file and attached it here. The slide that locks up is 1.8 Cultural Programming. I don't know how after 3 years it all the sudden decided to lock up? We use Articulate Online as our LMS, but it does not work in Storyline 2's preview function either.

Also, when I copied and pasted the scene into a new file, the colors got all wonky and I lost all of my voiceovers. Not sure how or why that happened either. 

Your help is appreciated. 

Nikki

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey, Nikki. So sorry this is giving you headaches! Really strange that the navigation buttons would suddenly stop working after so long. It looks like you might have tried to attach your file here, but it didn't come through. Would you mind attaching it again by opening the ELH thread and clicking the gray 'ADD ATTACHMENT' button at the bottom of the reply window?

Also, since you mentioned you saw wonky colors and lost your voiceovers after copy/pasting into a new file, I wanted to mention that I usually only copy/paste slides within the same file. If you want to copy slides into a new file, it's better to use the import method here. Could you open a clean Storyline file and try importing the slides using that method I linked, instead of copy/paste? Let me know if that makes a difference. 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for sharing your file with me! In regards to the import, you have the option to select only the slides you want to include in the new file. If you'd like to import slides from only one scene, then select only those slides, and then click Import.

You also have the option to do a 'Save As' on the original file to create a new file, then delete all of the scenes you don't need in the new file. 

Just like you said, I also saw that the content froze on slide 1.8 when clicking the next button. The strange thing is, when I removed the video on the layer of slide 1.9, the navigation began working again. It seems like there may be something corrupt with the video file there. Do you still have the original video file? If so, can you try to delete the video and re-insert it on slide 1.9?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.