New to Articulate 360 (today!)

May 24, 2019

Hi All!

I would like to create a simple user interation into my video footage.  I have a simple video which I want to automatically stop at a certain point (I've got this working).  When the video gets to that point and stops I want a play button to appear and remain in place until the user clicks on the button forcing the video to continue playing.

I can get my button to appear when it reaches cue point * but it doesn't remain onscreen it appears to play with the timeline (even though video is paused).  How do I get my button to remain in place until user clicks it?  I've tried placing my button on both the base layer and also on a separate layer?

Thank you I advance

Kim 

3 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Kim,

In the attached example (Video Control.story)  I have set the video to start when the timeline starts for the slide. I have also created a Play button, which has its initial state set to Hidden.

When the timeline reaches 10 seconds, the video pauses (Pause Media when timeline reaches 10 sec) and, at the same time, the state of the Play button is changed to Normal. The Play button remains visible until it is clicked, at which point the video continues (Play Media when user clicks Button 1) and the Play button is hidden again (Change State of Button to Hidden when user clicks Button 1).

If you want to, you can also set up a Pause button which sits on top of the Play button and have this in its Normal state when the Play button is in the Hidden state and visa versa. You can then use the Pause button to stop the video when you want to and then click the Play button to restart the video (see Video Control v2.story). You will also find that there are standard video control icons available in Storyline so that you can have these on your buttons instead of text if you wish to do so.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.