Next Button

Jan 06, 2014

Hi, I am a beginner to Articulate Storyline and I have a question, please bear with me if it is an invalid question, In my slide I have a two buttons assume A and B for the learner to select.

Let say, If learner click A button, the message will appear as "click the button "B""

If learner click B button, the message will appear as "Click "Next"" button.

I want the "next" button to appear only after the learner select either A and B buttons or B buttons.

Please advice me on how to set the player triggers?

Thanking you

Mohamed Ismail

9 Replies
Simon Perkins

Hi Mohammed and welcome to the community!

You cannot hide and then show the Next button (or the player).  

Instead, you can assign a condition that tells the Next button to go to the next slide only if say a variable or state has been achieved.  Take a look at my file.  I've created a variable called AB and set it to False.  When the learner clicks the B button, they see the B layer which then switches AB variable to True.  The Next button will only go to the next slide if AB = True.

If you need more help let me know.

Mohamed  Ismail

I would like to share the steps that how I did my set up to achieve my requirements:

Requirements:

"A" Click + "B" Click = "Next"

Steps:

1. Variables

Name: A

Type: Value

Value: False

(same for B)

2. Create New Triggers:

Action: Adjust Variable

Variable: A

Operator: Assignment

Value: Value   True

When: When Clicks

Object: A

(same for B)

3. Player Triggers

On Condition

A = = Equal to True

AND B ==Equal to True

-----------------------------------------

Now my requirement is: 

"A" Click + "B" Click = "Next"

or

"B" Click = "Next"

so if the learner click "A" they have to click "B" and then only the "Next" button functions.

however, if they click directly "B" and then "Next", the button should function.

For the above requirements, please kindly advice on the changes to made in steps, if you don't mind.

If not please ignore this.

Thank you very much.

Simon Perkins

Glad you got it working Mohammed.

Variables, triggers and conditions will become easier to use with a bit of experimentation.  They're logical - but that doesn't automatically make them simple.  Some (or a lot of in some cases) trial and error is often required, especially when you start creating complex demands.  But the beauty of all three is that you can build intelligent and dynamic scenarios/interactions/sequences that really make a difference to the learner.  After all, that's part of what we're here for is it not?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.