Next Button Trigger Difficulties

Jun 06, 2019

I have several courses where the SME does not want the user to be able to just click Next and skip through the course. Therefore, on 75% of the slides, I have added the triggers "Disable next button when timeline starts" and then "Change state to NORMAL when the timeline ends".  On the remaining 25%, I do not add these triggers because they are usually pages with buttons or interaction and I prevent the skipping by adding variables and conditions in the next button itself. Somehow though, on some of these pages, the next button disables and  I do not know why. It's presenting a problem, because if they do not let the timeline finish on the base layer, and immediately click the button on the screen, it will not let them proceed because the "timeline didn't end" on base layer, therefore the next button is still disabled. Any insight would be helpful!

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Gigi,

It's hard to say what could be happening without seeing the file, but it sounds like you've checked the triggers on those slides to confirm that they don't have a disabled state for the next button or similar? With Storyline 360 there are a couple of ways you can restrict navigation outlined here, so I'd check that none of those are in place on the problematic slides. 

Also, our team is happy to take a look at your .story file if you'd like to share it with us. If so, you can upload at this link using the Add Attachment button or you always have an option to share privately with our Support Engineers. Either way, we'll delete it when done testing. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.