Old Exports Breaking in Storyline 360.

Jun 18, 2018

Hi all,

My team and I have noticed that the Interactions and quizzes that we built in the beginning of the year are suddenly breaking. These exports are already with the client and are being used by students.

We have looked at the working files and there are no issues when previewing in Storyline, however the exported files are now breaking one by one. We had a lengthy review process and can confirm that these files were working perfectly when we sent them off to the client, but the exports are now broken.

We have tested them locally, and on our LMS, across browsers and can also confirm that it is not a browser-specific issue. This is extremely concerning as one would expect these files to remain stable once exported.

This same issue was reported 7 months ago here: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/articulate-storyline-resilience

This issue was reported with storyline 1&2 exports breaking.

The user wrote: “I need to know that I won't end up having to do this again in the future for every other Articulate Storyline project I create using 360.”

The Staff response: “We can’t predict what types of changes browsers and operating systems will make in the future and how they’ll effect courses, but we closely monitor these changes and their impact. We’ll continue to share that information as soon as possible so that you can prepare and make any adjustments needed. “

Storyline 360 seems equally as unstable and buggy as its predecessors. For a program that is so expensive, stability should not be an issue!

It is a total waste of resources, not to mention incredibly embarrassing, for any company to have to first explain to their client that their products are no longer working and need to be FIXED, then have to spend time and resources fixing a project that was completed and sent off MONTHS ago.

We ask that this issue be addressed immediately, and if it cannot be solved then please let us know now so that we can look at moving away from your product in the future.

Thank you.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cat,

Did you get the email from my colleague Michael, he sent it out yesterday AM? He's looking to take a peek at one (or more) of your files that are breaking so that we could narrow down what the issue is.

If you can respond to his email when you have a chance we'd like to keep working through this with you! 

Jenny Truong

Hi Cat, has this issue been fixed? My team is considering Articulate 360, and I would like to know if stability will be a problem when the software gets updated periodically. For example, I have been looking through past e-learning challenges to get an idea of what can be done with Articulate, but some links are broken, or some features don't work anymore. This can definitely be due to not keeping up with older courses, but I want some assurance that training modules we create won't be obsolete within just a few months or a few years (or require extreme amounts of maintenance and rebuilding). 

Lauren Connelly

Hello Jenny!

Since this discussion is a bit dated, Cat may no longer be subscribed. You can reach them directly by using the Contact Me button in their ELH profile.

We are happy to answer any questions you have about the software! You can reach our team directly in a support case, and we'll reply as soon as possible.