Older Tutorials for Articulate 360- all apps

Jul 09, 2018

Hi there,

do you have any older versions of the tutorials I am trying to run through the Replay ones but will not open as they were created in a newer version?  The version of 360 I have was installed May 2017.  ( the corporation will not install any updates without a full test cycle- so the version is/ will not be updated at this point) 

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jacqueline!

It sounds like you have Articulate 360, and you're trying to open Replay 360 tutorial files, is that correct?

As long as you have Replay 360, you should be able to open any Replay file, even if it was created with a newer update of Replay 360.

Are you seeing a particular error message when you try and open the file?

Jacqueline Gorman

The above are the messages that I am getting
My IT dept did upgrade my version this morning.

Kind Regards,
Jacqueline M Gorman

Technical Analyst, Business Systems & Operations
Information Management & Technology
Public Works,Region of Peel
2 Copper Road, Brampton, Ontario
L6T 4W5
905-791-7800, ext.3239 \888-919-7800 x3239
Jacqueline.Gorman@peelregion.ca
After Hours Support - Pager Email

Jacqueline Gorman

I am putting together a screen recording of a software that staff will be using ,  would you suggest using Replay ( it seems to be fairly straight forward) or would you suggest Storyline 360.  It will need some editing, I am not using webcam, and I will be using audio- voice and perhaps a beginning theme.  The recording will be approx, half an hour, can either of these formats support this size when publishing?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jacqueline!

Let's tackle each of those error messages you're seeing:

• This project was built with a previous version of Replay. Would you like to upgrade it to Replay 360? This means that the project was built with Replay 1. You can upgrade it to Replay 360, and Replay will automatically create a backup of the original version.
  • This project is invalid or corrupt and cannot be opened. There are a few things that we know contribute to corruption, and the majority of users who follow the best practices outlined here don't run into any of these corruption issues. Sadly, once a file is corrupt, there isn't anything we can do to repair it. Looking in your temp folders is our best recommendation to find an earlier version, and then follow those guidelines to prevent any future issues. 

You could certainly use Storyline 360's screen recording tool to create this software simulation! Since the video is fairly long, I would suggest breaking it into 5 or 10 minutes segments, with one segment per slide. This will also help the learner if they have to leave the video before they finish watching it. With shorter segments, it'll be easier for them to pick back up where they left off. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.