Out of memory exception SL V3.9.13510.0

Oct 10, 2017

When saving a .story I've been working on, I get an "Out of Memory Exception" on a 32 Gb machine.  

Trying to save a second time seems to work.  Is this something unusual or is this happening to others?

Sam

<Message>Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.</Message>
<StackTrace> at System.StubHelpers.ValueClassMarshaler.ConvertToManaged(IntPtr dst, IntPtr src, IntPtr pMT)
at Articulate.Runtime.InteropServices.gdi32.CreateDIBSection(HandleRef hdc, BITMAPINFO_FLAT&amp; bmi, Int32 iUsage, IntPtr&amp; ppvBits, IntPtr hSection, Int32 dwOffset)
at Articulate.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.a(IntPtr A_0, IntPtr A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, IntPtr&amp; A_4, Int32&amp; A_5)
at Articulate.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.a(IntPtr A_0, Single A_1, Single A_2, Int32 A_3, Int32 A_4)
at Articulate.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.b(Graphics A_0, IntPtr A_1, Rectangle A_2)
at Articulate.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.a(Graphics A_0, IntPtr A_1, Rectangle A_2)
at Articulate.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Allocate(Graphics targetGraphics, Rectangle targetRectangle)
at Articulate.Windows.Forms.Metro.MetroForm.a(IntPtr A_0, IntPtr A_1)
at Articulate.Windows.Forms.Metro.MetroForm.d(Message&amp; A_0)
at Articulate.Windows.Forms.Metro.MetroForm.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</StackTrace>
</ErrorReport>
5 Replies
Sam Carter

Hi Jenny,

The "are you using a network drive" response comes up often in many threads. It begs the question of whether Storyline could be programmed to disallow or warn the use network drives in real time.

We aren't doing anything special and this out-of-memory error isn't a regular thing.  I suspect the error message may be misdirecting as we are not even close to use 8Gb on this 32Gb computer.

My suspicion is that after an hour of editing the "undo" stack gets out of control. Saving, closing, and re-opening will purge the undo stack and reduce the likelihood of errors. It is a practice we have adopted now. While unproven, it makes more sense than a network drive causing an out-of-memory condition.

Sam

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.