Pause and Resume controls in Articulate Storyline 360

Sep 01, 2017

We have three LMS sites and use Articulate Storyline 360 to author our e Learning.  Our learners are ready to revolt because there is no ability to pause and resume while in a module.  Our LMS allows the user to exit the module and resume where they left off, but our learners are not satisfied with this solution.  Captivate offers a video control panel at the bottom of the screen and we left them behind to go with Articulate and have since upgraded to 360 thinking this new technology would solve our issues.  It did solve our mobile viewing issues so thanks for that, but the biggest issues we're facing is this pause/resume thing.  I created content with markers that allow for pause and resume for the time being, but that is really a labor intensive way to resolve what should be a simple and logical feature of this otherwise fantastic authoring tool.  We have a few other issues which I'll put in a separate post, but I'm looking for any more efficient solution to this HUGE issue that is going to kill our LMS initiative.  Please help if you can!

8 Replies
Robin Bowles

Yes, that's what we're going with as of now! Thank you!

Robin R. Bowles
Manager of Corporate Education
7800 Shoal Creek, East Wing
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 623-6971 (Direct)
(512) 638-6739 (Cell)
(512) 257-5252 (Fax)
Email: rbowles@emds.com
Link to e-MDs Engage where knowledge is power! https://emds.litmos.com

*************************************************************************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for viruses with Microsoft Exchange Online Protection . In addition, eMDs, Inc. strongly discourages sending any form of confidential patient information as defined by HIPAA in the form of text, screen shots, or other formats via email messages. **************************************************************

Walt Hamilton

Normal enough that I place a non-click cover on every video I place on a slide. If the learner clicks the video, it pauses, but if there are other interactions or animations, the timeline doesn't pause. The non-click cover prevents that.

I put the video on the bottom, then immediately above it, the cover, which is a rectangle with a solid fill set to 100% transparency.

Crystal Horn

Hi Amber! Here are some things to remember about the relationship between your video and the slide timeline:

Tell me about your setup considering those rules, and I'll see if I can help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.