Player Text Label Language defaulting to imported Croatian text

For one of my Storyline 3 courses,  I imported Croatian player text labels into the project. Now every project I open or start new has the Croatian player text labels. 

I can change it back to English (United States), but if I close the course and reopen it, it will return to Croatian and I have to change it back each time. Also, if I change the language to English (United States) and close the Player and then reopen it, the language is still English, but it will list my selected Language as Croatian_text (the name of translation document I imported). So I think somehow the Croatian has replaced the English. (See screenshots.)

The Language selected for Storyline Options is English (United States).

I uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline 3, but the problem persists.

This is driving me nuts, so if anybody has a fix I would really appreciate it. It's probably something really simple that is eluding me.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Wendy,

It looks like you may have added those labels to the main player, and if you'd like to switch you could change the player you're using. Take a look at the steps here for changing the player, and I'd suggest setting up a custom player specifically for your Croatian language labels. 

Let me know if you need any other help! 

Wendy Jaehnig

Thank you so much, Ashley, for your prompt reply. I tried the steps you shared, but I'm still having issues. The Croatian text seems to be saved somehow to the Built-in Player, not as a custom player. I don't have a player to change to. (See screenshot.) How do I  revert to the default Built-In Player for English? The player must be saved somewhere on my computer with the Croatian text, since deleting and reinstalling Storyline did not solve the problem.

Wendy Jaehnig

Hi Leslie. I've been doing some experimenting and the issue seems to be specifically related to the Croatian text labels. I uninstalled Storyline and deleted the files left in AppData\Roaming\Articulate\Storyline\3. I then reinstalled Storyline 3 and English was restored as the default. However, if I import the Croatian text file back into Storyline, I have the same issue (it returned to defaulting to Croatian text). I tried importing a different set of text labels (Tamil) and I did not have the same issue. Deleting the Croatian text file from AppData\Roaming\Articulate\Storyline\3\Players fixed the issue without requiring uninstalling and reinstalling Storyline. So that text file is part of the issue.

Katie Riggio

Nice troubleshooting work, Wendy!

I've shared your latest update in the case so that our Support Engineers have all the necessary details to weigh in. They're rockstars at helping pinpoint the cause of such issues, and they'll work with you one-on-one to get this sorted out as soon as possible. I'll follow the case along!