preview not working

Sep 13, 2018

I was running some tests on a SL3 file trying to isolate a font. I cut various scenes, saved the file, reopened the file and repasted the scenes as they were not the problems scenes. This, of course, disconnected some links, which I repaired, but what has me confused is that the project will not load in preview mode.  Any idea why it will not preview?  I tried saving the file with another name, but still it will not load in preview.  Thanks for any help!

Frustrated.

6 Replies
Sylvia Wright

Okay, it's fixed, but I do not understand what happened.  When looking at the file I noticed some pictures were missing. Their placeholders were there, but no picture. Once I reinserted the pics into their placeholders everything worked....except the sound. So I changed the audio with the same audio and everything is working.  Does anyone have an explanation of what happened?  Thanks.

RELIEVED!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sylvia, 

Phew! Glad it's working again, but I can imagine that being a heart-stopping moment. 

You mentioned copying out scenes, were you using a standard copy/paste clipboard function? Or, importing those slides/scenes into separate projects? I know copying slides like that has to lead some odd behavior in the past, so I'd always recommend importing in/out if you can! 

Also, if adding in images and sound resolved it, I'd look at where those media files are stored initially. I know I've seen you around the forums for a while, but it's always a good reminder to check that they're local and adhering to the other filename/path conventions here. 

If you run into it again (or anything similar!), please let us know and share a copy of your file. We never want you to spend hours troubleshooting a problem alone-that's why our team is here to help. 

Antonio Gonzalez

Okay, so I have a similar problem with SL360. Yesterday, nothing appeared to happen when I tried to preview the project. I was referred to https://articulate.com/support/article/How-to-Repair-Articulate-Storyline-360 by a colleague. I completed the steps to uninstall-reboot and reinstall-reboot. That seemed to do the trick and I was able to work the rest of the day without issues. However, today, I'm having the same issue again. I'm hoping this can be fixed without having to uninstall/reinstall again. Please help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.