Printing a range of slides in a published Storyline 360 module

Aug 22, 2023

Hello! I've created about 56 online training modules for my company, and we had a request to provide print capabilities.  I've read about how to print a single slide, but with multiple modules that contain multiple slides, that could be a little tedious for a learner.  Additionally, we don't want a user to print every single slide in a module due to the knowledge check questions that are also test questions they are required to take for certification after they view all of the modules.

My question is this...is there a way to place a slide into a module, place a print button on that slide, create a trigger (java?) that will allow the user to print the slides up to that point (slide)? For example, the first 14 slides of the module are the meat and potatoes, so we want them to print those slides, not the slides after number 14 which contain a video scenario and the knowledge checks.

Is this even possible?? 

Thanks!!

4 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Michelle!

Great question! I am no javascript expert, but I do know that there is a command where you can print a window which would result in printing one slide.

window.print();

I'm not confident that there is a way to print multiple slides using that command though.

I hope one of our javascript experts can jump in and provide more details if you're looking to print multiple slides!

Michelle Kiefer

Hi, Lauren! Yes, I was hoping there was a way to print multiple slides at once as opposed to a single side at a time; specifically, a way to print a range of slides, i.e., slides 1-14.  I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, but I'm hopeful there's someone out there that knows Java and has a magic code solution! LOL