Problem publishing to Word

Sep 12, 2017

I seem to get an error message any time I try to publish my Storyline 360 course to word. It says I don't have access to the resource or the output is read-only, see attached image. Any suggestions?

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Karyn,

Sorry you ran into this issue! It popped up with the latest update to Articulate 360 - but our team is working on a fix as I type! We hope to have an update on that soon.

In the meantime, is Articulate Review an option for you to share the content or information with folks prior to publishing the course for web/LMS? Check out the steps here for working in Review - it may actually fit your needs better than Word! 

Greg Davis

I am working with support as well. I understand the option for REVIEW, but not in lieu of a storyboard. In REVIEW, the client has no way to give feedback on the narration script. They can see it, but they can't copy it to change it. It would have to be completely retyped. I put something about this in the FORUM but no responses.

This is a huge miss. My client moved to 360 teams specifically for REVIEW only to learn later that we would have to jump through hoops to get feedback on the narration script. Not gonna work. 

Now I have to advise them their entire storyboard review process is going to be on hold until Articulate figure's out a solution. This has been a known issue for over 10 days. Version 3.8.13184.0 update was released September 5, 2017. So very disappointed in Articulate.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the delay - but I've got good news.  The publish-to-Word feature in Storyline 360 and Studio 360 that temporarily stopped working has been fixed. Just install the latest software update. Here's how.

If Articulate 360 doesn't notify you right away about the new update, open your Articulate 360 desktop app, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile picture in the upper right corner, then choose "Check for Updates."

Thanks for your patience while our team worked on this! 

Greg Davis

I am so glad this got corrected. In hindsight, I am surprised that Articulate did nothing to warn users of this flaw. I subscribe to 360 notifications, but never received anything. I would like to think a problem of this magnitude could be handled differently going forward.

Ashley Terwilliger and Angelo Cruz were champions throughout this process and I thank them for their patience and tenacity. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.