Problem with exporting translation in Storyline

Hi,

I am having trouble with exporting the translation document from my course in Storyline. The translation starts, but quits with a warning saying nothing, only a box with an exclamation mark and a button with OK (see screenshot).  I get to save my .doc document but when opening the document afterwards it is not complete, a big part of the document is blank.

I have updated Storyline to update 2. My course is 280 slides and 268 MB.

I know I can split the course before exporting, but I thought the update should have fixed memory issues.

Has anyone else experienced something like this, also after updating Storyline?

3 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Jannicke!

The only thing that comes to mind is, when you export text from your Storyline content to a Microsoft Word document (*.doc) for translation purposes, be sure the column header text does not get changed. Otherwise, the import process (with the translated text) will fail. 

If you'd like, we'd be happy to take a closer look at it. Please submit a case, including your .story file, using this link so our support team can assist you further.

 

Thanks!  

Jannicke Wilhelmsen

Thank you for your answer.

I was having trouble exporting the translation document from Storyline, but after deleting scenes and slides I found that there was one textlink in the document that made the export fail. When I let the text stand and removed the hyperlink from the text it worked. I had 7 different links in the text box, and this one link made the export fail.