Publish to Review 360 (update default link)

Feb 28, 2024

When developing courses, I'll frequently use a course that has been developed for a particular client as a basis for the new development.

When I go to publish to Review 360, the "Publish a new version of an existing item" will be selected, as it will want to publish to the course the new course is based on.

When I then select "Create a new item" and create my new Review 360 link, on subsequent publishes, it always reverts back to publishing to the original link from the copied course. This results in me accidently publishing over the other course with the new course.

Do anybody have any tips on how to correct this?

I'm comfortable with uncompressing the Story file and updating and re-compressing if necessary as I'm guessing there is something within the file that holds onto this original Review 360 link.

TIA.

Sam

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Sam!

It sounds like you had questions about publishing multiple versions of a course to Review 360!

I see that you've opened a support case and connected with my teammate Chester. Smart move! As Chester shared:

"Regarding your inquiry about publishing a duplicate. The behavior is expected. When we duplicate a course, it automatically connects to the previously published item in Review. Currently, there's no feature we can use to remove that connection other than selecting "Create a new item."

Also, Chester submitted a feature request on your behalf! If we make any changes to this feature we'll be sure to provide updates. If you'd like to stay up to date, you can bookmark our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great start to your week!