Publishing content after conversion to Storyline 360 from Storyline 2

Apr 12, 2021

I keep getting an error report every time I try to publish (or view) my project. I thought I had successfully upgraded an Articulate Storyline 2 file to a Storyline 360 file. I thought I had changed all of the interactions to new content. However, when I go to view the entire project or publish it as either a Review 360 file or LMS file, it gives me the error report.

What. Am. I. Doing. Wrong?!

I feel like it has to do with animation using Flash content, but I really have very little animation in my training to begin with. I'm at a loss. I have tried to publish as different files. Nothing seems to be working. Help!

Which begs the question. What is the best way to convert an Articulate Storyline 2 file in the future to Storyline 360 without avoiding these same issues?

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Samantha!

I'm happy to work with you to figure out why an error message appears when publishing the course for Review 360 and LMS! When you see an error report, it's important to figure out what exactly is causing the error report.

I'm happy to share this process with you! First, I recommend previewing each scene. If you don't have multiple scenes, start by selecting multiple slides and previewing them. If you see an error message when previewing a set of slides, you'll want to preview each individual slide in the selection to see which one is causing the error report. It could be as small as a text box showing signs of corruption or even a video. 

Once you find the corrupted element, try removing the element and re-adding it. Save the project and then preview the individual slide again. 

If you need help, I'm happy to test your file on my end too! You can either attach it to this discussion or upload it to me privately here.