Publishing Error in Storyline

Jun 03, 2016

Hi, I am trying to publish this course in Storyline2 and I am getting the following error on publishing.

If someone can review my course and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.


1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Zain,

Thanks for sharing the .story file. I tried publishing it as well in the latest update of Storyline 2 Update 9 and I got the "Something went wrong" error each time - I also tried importing the file into a new file, and the same thing occurred.  It's possible that this file has become corrupt however, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.
File corruption is unpredictable, and there's no straightforward way to determine what causes it. Common causes are environmental (disk errors, power outages, improper shutdowns), viruses, failed Windows updates, and even file size (i.e., very large files have a higher risk of corrupting). Consider using the preventative measures described in this article to protect your project files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.