Publishing for iPad- Problems with Articulate app and HTML5
I'm working on a course that needs to be accessible via iPad. Apparently, I cannot use the Articulate Mobile Player since the LMS we're working with does not support Tin Can API (which I understand is necessary for products accessed by logging into an account).
This seems to leave HTML5. However, things that worked great in Flash are bugging up in HTML5. Here are just a few I found so far:
- the logo image in the player doesn't show
- some text renders less clearly
- at times the entire player flickers (usually upon first loading, so maybe this is a loading issue?)
- when clicking on the "notes" tab, the menu items jump on top, and the notes get pushed further down screen
- i created custom variables to track correct/incorrect answers for interactions. These variables are linked to images on a review screen, whose status changes depending on whether or not the answer was correct. However, sometimes the image status changes appropriately, and other times it does not update to reflect the correct value. I cannot figure out why there is this inconsistency. (I've tried placing the trigger for changing the variables in clicked object triggers and timeline start triggers of feedback layers. Neither provides consistent results).
I've consulted the following http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/comparing-storylines-flash-html5-and-articulate-mobile-player-output but I'm still encountering unexpected issues.
Has anyone else had similar issues? Any issues with triggers/variables performing erratically? Does this have to do with the way HTML5 loads/refreshes?
Also, I put in a feature request for being able to preview HTML5 content from Storyline. If this would be helpful for you, please request it as well! http://www.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php?form=feature