Publishing not working

Mar 19, 2024

Hi,

I created a new file with 3 slides. Intro slide, video, and outro. No matter how I attempt to publish it, it doesn't complete the publishing process and just freezes. I attempted to publish for LMS, as video, as a review link but no success. I recreated the file and slides and am still running into this issue. Any suggestions? 

2 Replies
Joe Hauglie

Are you working from your local system or a network/shared/OneDrive location? The behavior you describe sounds to me as if you are working from a shared file location, not your C:\...\Documents\Articulate Storyline folder. Double-check that your story is saved to your local system and then try again.

You may also need to reinstall the program, which wouldn't hurt but can be a challenge depending on your organization's IT policies.

Eric Santos

Hi Monica,

Sorry for the trouble publishing! I'm happy to share a few suggestions to add to Joe's recommendations.

To identify possible corrupt elements causing the issue, please try to remove the slide objects, starting with the video, and then republish. If the problem persists, would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline file privately through a support case so our Customer Support Engineers can look at it? They'll delete it when done.