Publishing to CD

Apr 03, 2013

I have published several courses to CD with no issues.  I was updating one of these courses and when I published it I did not get the pop-up box showing it was complete (with the view button).  Not sure what is happening as I had updated a module just a few minutes earlier and it worked just fine.

When I look at the content in the output folder it is quite different.

Here is what the content looks like in the ones I had done before.

and here is the last one I did.

I had closed articulate and opened it again, didn't work.  Rebooted my computer and tried again, same result.  I'm not sure what else to try.

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Debora,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. It looks like the images you posted didn't come through, so I'm not quite sure how the output files are showing up.

First, try to make sure that you're modifying and publishing files from your local hard drive.

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you still don't have any luck, try importing the slides from the original course into a new, blank Storyline project. Try publishing again and see if it publishes correctly. If you're not sure how to do this, take a look at the tutorial below.

Articulate - Importing from Another Storyline Project

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Debora Rutherford

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

Normal 0 false false false oNotPromoteQF /> EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

Here is the output file list for the good ones.

story_content     folder

autorun                 setup information   

Launch_story       application

launcher                firefox HTML document

loader                     configuration settings

meta                        XML document

story                         Firefox HTML document

story                         shockwave flash object

Here is the output now.

story_content     folder

temp                        folder    (containing my resource documents)

meta                        XML document

File names are under the limit you mentioned.  File namesappear as follows TR-0182_PracticalProblem Solving (Gemba)_Overview output

I am working on my hard drive and publishing to a server.

I had tried importing the content to a new one, didn’twork.  Tried opening a new file and new content but that did not publishcorrectly either.

I’m wondering if I need to uninstall and reinstall the software?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Debora,

Thanks for getting back to me! Before you attempt to reinstall Storyline, can you try changing the file name? I see some symbols that may be causing issues.

Please try removing the following from the file name:

Spaces, underscores _ and the parentheses ( )

If that doesn't help, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article:

Unexpected or erratic behavior in Storyline

If the problem continues, are you able to share the .STORY file here? I'd be happy to take a look. If you're not able to share the file publicly, you're also welcome to send it over to us privately:

Articulate Support - Submit a Support Case

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.