Publishing to CD

Jun 25, 2014

I am new to Storyline, can someone tell me the best way to deploy a published course on a stand-a-lone computer for viewing in a large conference room?  I've published to CD and copied it to a thumb drive and it doesn't look good because you can see the computer's desktop and tool bar in the background.  I've also moved the version that was published for Web to a thumb drive and it is preferable for aesthetic purposes.  Does it matter which one I use to deploy it from a thumb drive? Or, is that not the best delivery method?  

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shelie and welcome to Heroes!

If you've published for web and then are trying to run the content locally you may encounter issues with how the content behaves. I'd suggest using the publish to CD option, but also look at your overall story size and the player/browser scaling options you set to help block out more of the computer desktop/background. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shelie,

What Story size you choose will really depend more on how your users will be accessing the content and what display options they'll have. The default size for Articulate Storyline projects is 720 pixels wide by 540 pixels high.  There are some other forum discussions where other users have discussed different story sizes and what works best. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.