Publishing to the Web

Aug 02, 2018

So I am new to this and I am trying to publish my course to the web. I followed the instructions in the following article-

https://community.articulate.com/series/130/articles/storyline-3-publishing-a-course-for-web-distribution?_ga=2.156712955.1958177522.1533241264-95776158.1533241264

I'm good through Step 6. For a newbie like me though, there seems to be important information missing in Step 7. It seems to say "And then you do it" but I don't know how...LOL. I was curious if I could post to YouTube or my company's internal website.

Thank you

10 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Amy and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

If you're publishing for web distribution, the assumption is that you have a web server and/or intranet where you are internally handling that.

Storyline 3 does not have a setting to publish to video, which is what would be needed for sharing on YouTube.

So, yes, you should be able to share your published course on your internal website and you should work with your web team or IT Team on how to get that properly distributed.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shuchita,

Once you've published the course, you can upload the entire published output folder to your website or server. You may be able to do it from the Publish menu if your IT team can provide you with the FTP credentials. Otherwise, you'll look at zipping and moving the entire folder to that location and you'll want to instruct your learners to launch the story.html to run the course. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Roberta and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

You mention on the web with Articulate and I'm not sure if you're referring to Articulate Online or Articulate Review (Articulate 360).

With Articulate Online you can set up a course to be Private, and then only users who have been assigned the course and have a login will be able to access it.

With Articulate Review, you can restrict access to the courses through the password feature:

Denali Therapeutics

Yes, articulate online. We want to be able to assign to one time participants on the articulate server so they don't consume one of our LMS licenses. This may be too much but can Articulate o line feed completions to an LMS? If not, are there reports that can be pushed out weekly or something? Or will I have to pull the information?

Philip Landry

I am trying to put a published Articulate course on the web using a Microsoft cloud storage site and a sharepoint webpage. When I upload the whole file to the webpage and then click on the story.html file to start the player all I get is a blank paper page with the titile of the course but no player or actual course?  I am trying to use a course for a short time until a permanent LMS is decided upon.  I need to know why this does not work.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Philip.  You should be able to host Articulate content in SharePoint Server. However, it won't work with SharePoint Online (the Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Edition), since it doesn't support HTML files. 

If you're using SharePoint Server, check with your SharePoint administrator for instructions on how to upload HTML content. Depending on your version of SharePoint, you may need to switch to "explorer view" before uploading content, or you may need to "check in" content after uploading it. Your administrator will know for sure. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.