Question about Articulate 360 licences

Jul 09, 2019

Hi,

I have been reading about licencing and seat management in Articulate 360 but I am still confused about what would apply in our case.

We have 3 internal employees (not external collaborators) who can need to create e-learning contents during some periods of time. We also have 3 desktop computers.

We would need to have Storyline 360 installed on those 3 machines but we would only need 2 licences (2 subscriptions), because the 3 employees won't work with Storyline at the same time, maybe 1 or 2 at the same time. 

For example:

Scenario 1 (during a few days, weeks or months)

Employee 1 -> Computer 1 -> Using Suscription "editor-1@company.com"
Employee 2 -> Computer 2 -> Using Suscription "editor-2@company.com"
Employee 3 -> Computer 3 -> NOT USING STORYLINE

Scenario 2 (during a few days, weeks or months)

Employee 1 -> Computer 1 -> NOT USING STORYLINE
Employee 2 -> Computer 2 -> Using Suscription "editor-2@company.com"
Employee 3 -> Computer 3 -> Using Suscription "editor-1@company.com"

Etc.

So, the questions are (assuming we buy 2 suscriptions):

* Can we have Storyline installed (but not used the three instances at the same time) on those 3 computers?

* Can Employee 1 and 2 login with the two Articulate ID's we bought (editor-1@company.com and editor-2@company.com) on their respective machines and use Storyline 360 at the same time?

* After that, assuming Employee 1 is not going to need Storyline for some time, can Employee 2 and 3 login with the two Articulate ID's we bought (editor-1@company.com and editor-2@company.com) on their respective machines and use Storyline 360 at the same time?

* Even more, it is possible that employees exchange their machines for some reason (for example, employee 1 uses Computer 2 and employee 2 uses Computer 3)? Employee 1 would login with "editor-1" suscription and Employee 2 would login with "editor-2" suscription.

Basically I am asking if Articulate 360 is a true suscription model in terms of a user can use the desktop tools from any machine if he/she logins with correct credentials and there is nobody else logged with his/her credentials on another machine at the same time.

Thanks in advance for your response...

7 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi there!  Each person who needs to use the software concurrently will need their own user seat on the team.  Under the terms of service, a seat can be transferred two times in a one year period, so sharing of the seats isn't permitted, but if one person won't need it much, it's ok to transfer one of the seats to them and then back to the original user.  Just make sure you're using their actual email addresses so you can keep track of who is using the seat!   Each user can install their software on two computers, like a home computer and a work computer, or two work computers if that's their situation.  I hope that helps but please let us know if there are more questions!

krystal whitner

Our company purchased two subscriptions for Articulate access; however, we have five employees needing the access. Do I understand you correctly when  you say seats can be transferred to other members of the team?

Example: Joe and Adam currently have access. Can we transfer the access (seats) to Melissa and Amy? If so how long can Melissa and Amy have access before it needs to be transferred back to the primary users Joe and Adam?

If this is possible, how do we start the process of transferring the access? Once Melissa and Amy have access will they use there own work email addresses and create there own password, or will Melissa and Amy use Joe and Adam's email address and there password?

I would like each member of the team to have exposure to the system to know how to use it even if they can not use it simultaneously due to the company only purchasing 2 subscriptions.  

Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi Krystal!  One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 Teams subscription is that you can reassign seats when team members leave the company or their roles change. However, you can't frequently swap multiple people in and out of the same seat or have users concurrently sharing a seat. In each 12-month period, you can transfer seats up to two times the number of seats in your account.  For example, in a two seat team, you are eligible to transfer your seats 4 times in a one year period.  If all 5 of your users need concurrent access, you'll want a seat for each of them, and each person needs their own login (email address) and password.   Here's how you can manage the users!

krystal whitner

Thanks for your reply.
Question:

With these four options, I'm not sure which one we would use or any. We do not want to permanently remove the two members or there content who now have access; instead, our goal is to temporarily transfer there access to two other employee's working in the same department within our organization so they also have some experience in using Articulate. Which option should we use?

Thanks,
Krystal Whitner

----------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.

krystal whitner

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.